Non-District Schedule

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I give SOC all the credit in the world. They do not shy away from anyone. I'd like to see our PN-G Indians face them again next December at AT&T. I have not heard any news about PN-G's non-district schedule. Maybe PAM, Beaumont United, and ? I'm guessing the non-district schedule will come out after the realignment shuffle in February?

bandkid

Staff member
Part of the problem is that we don’t know whether we’ll be in an eight- or nine-team district yet.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
SOC has to because they are in one of the weakest districts in the state. And if you look at Stepp's 5AD2 re-alignment predictions, SOC's bi-district matchup will be against one of the following: Melissa, Lovejoy, Frisco Emerson, or Anna (4AD1 champ moving up). Any of those 4 teams will be a strong opponent for SOC in Rd. 1 of the playoffs next season.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
I’m not afraid to say it
I dislike the SOC coach and a good proportion of their fans
So it wouldn’t hurt my feelings in the least to not play them at all
This year was not too bad with the dancing bears on the jumbo screen
But last year was downright disgusting I hope we never sink to their level in any way.
(Say how you really feel lol)

I hope they “may didn’t win” next year as well.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
With the alignment being Thursday after next. I think we will be put in a 9 team district and will have 2 non district games. District games would be Huntsville, Montgomery, Lake Creek, West Fork, Splendora, Dayton, Nederland, Baytown Lee. I would like to see someone like PAM and Galveston Ball for nondistrict. If PAM happening, maybe like a nondistrict game with someone not way far like in Austin area or San Antonio area. Like San Antonio Pieper or Liberty Hill with Galveston Ball would be my choice

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
Once again
Why would they make us pass potential opponents on our way to district opponents
We would pass Galena park on our way to most of those
Huntsville ?
Now we’re getting into the Texarkana type districts (unfortunately unfair)
Texas City and Santa Fe while out of the way somewhat are geographically closer and make way more sense
(And more similar populations and demographics IMO)

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
If I'm getting to decide, I'm going to try to find teams that are physical and have team speed. PAM meets that criteria, and I believe PNG makes sense for PAM from the physicality and execution perspective. For my second opponent, I'd honestly look to a team like Crosby or Lufkin. There isn't another triangle school that even comes close to making sense IMO.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Once again
Why would they make us pass potential opponents on our way to district opponents
Huntsville ?
Texas City and Santa Fe while out of the way somewhat are geographically closer and make way more sense
That makes too much sense for the UIL.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
Once again
Huntsville ?
Because there are only 2 options for Nederland and PNG being sent with no other local schools being 5a2, most are 4a besides beaumont & pa, either go north towards Montgomery and them or towards the sugarland and rosenberg area. The reason why i say we're going to the Montgomery district and not have GP, TC, or SF is because theyre going to be bidistrict with having the schools moving up and down and can't have a 12 team district. With Alvin Iowa Colony moving & Splendora moving up, Rosenberg Terry moving down, and the new school in West Fork. So i drew the district lines between 17 schools. 1st Huntsville is an outlier too. Do you send them to region 4 or to Waco district or keep them with Montgomery. Brenham and Bryan Rudder are the other 2 from that bidistrict and i believe they will be to sent to the Waco, Pflugerville, & Belton district. Which leaves the other 16 to split. PNG,NEDERLAND, SPLENDORA, DAYTON, MONTGOMERY, LAKE CREEK, WEST FORK, BAYTOWN LEE, & HUNTSVILLE. The bidistrict being IOWA COLONY, SANTA FE, TEXAS CITY, FT BEND MARSHALL, LAMAR CONSOLIDATED, RICHMOND RANDLE ,ROSENBERG TERRY, GALENA PARK

Davidp43

100+ Posts
The only way PNG or Nederland would get a less traveled district is if they would opt up. Which would put us in a local district with the Beaumonts, Port Arthur, Crosby, Barbers Hill, Kingwood Park, probably Porter too

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores