Renovations underway at The Reservation

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Does the new turf have a midfield logo? Things have come a long ways since the seventies, eighties, and nineties. Anyone remember the days of the grass field, cinder track, and purple scoreboard in between the end zone and the field house? Remember when the student section was in the small set of stands at the opposite end of the field (where the new scoreboard is now located)?

Go Indians!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
You mean the end zone stands that we ran up and down full speed during off-season? I remember those well. Never sat in them though.

Kids are spoiled now. If you told them that the original field house was an old brick building that was built in 1950 and used until the 90's, they might not believe it.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Does the new turf have a midfield logo? Things have come a long ways since the seventies, eighties, and nineties. Anyone remember the days of the grass field, cinder track, and purple scoreboard in between the end zone and the field house? Remember when the student section was in the small set of stands at the opposite end of the field (where the new scoreboard is now located)?

Go Indians!

No midfield logo yet as I can see when I drove by today. They were working in the end closes to field house

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Stadium Progress Update from NDNSports.
  • Everything on track for August 1 completion (turf, track, scoreboard)
  • New video board is 44 feet wide and 21 feet tall
Embedding is not allowed so to view just
click on "Watch on YouTube" below.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Flashback to the pre-turf, pre-stadium modernization days. Check out the old scoreboard that was installed about 15-20 years ago. This photo is from about 2007.

1627222507422.png

That scoreboard, built by Fair Play, was later replaced by the current Nevco scoreboard. Nothing lasts forever...The message display is still around though and part of the current structure.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Prior scoreboard installed early 2000s.

1627233902636.png

And scoreboard installed in 80's
1628773397534.jpeg

Last edited:

Indian99

500+ Posts
You mean the end zone stands that we ran up and down full speed during off-season? I remember those well. Never sat in them though.

Kids are spoiled now. If you told them that the original field house was an old brick building that was built in 1950 and used until the 90's, they might not believe it.

Kinda miss that old field house. I remember when they built the new one I was disappointed that the varsity locker room wasn’t anything like the old one. The one now is basically a bunch of metal lockers with benches in front.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Taken from 50 yard line bottom row. I adjusted the view on my phone till it matched the width A085D862-69B8-4186-B0D2-5A1E8F6BDCB7.jpeg of the board. That’s what you see at the 50 yard line.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
The width of the old video board is about the width of the purple “Welcome to the Reservation” sign on the bottom of the new scoreboard.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
1628357573610.jpeg
For comparison purposes, those ad signs on the sides and bottom are larger than a 4x8 sheet of plywood. (Huntsman, BASF, etc) Probably 5’ x 10’.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores