2023 Season

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I would love to see the baseball Indians go on another warpath toward a state title. Coach Carter always seems to have a good team. I wish the online newspapers in southeast Texas (PA News and Beaumont Enterprise) posted scores and game summaries. Football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, golf, or anything PN-G makes for a good read. Without this site, I wouldn't know where to get info on the PN-G teams. Go Indians.

Indian99

500+ Posts
I would love to see the baseball Indians go on another warpath toward a state title. Coach Carter always seems to have a good team. I wish the online newspapers in southeast Texas (PA News and Beaumont Enterprise) posted scores and game summaries. Football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, golf, or anything PN-G makes for a good read. Without this site, I wouldn't know where to get info on the PN-G teams. Go Indians.
If they did, it would be a repeat of the ‘99-‘00 season when we went to state in football and baseball. 2nd place was the story of our lives!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I was at that game. Close loss. Indians had the lead late in the game. I recall what ended up being the game winning, late inning hit barely going over the outstretched arm and glove of the shortstop . Dustin Long I believe. Game of inches.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
How is the baseball team doing overall? Any standouts? Will they make the playoffs?

A few years ago there was talk of upgrades to the baseball facilities. Maybe new covered bleachers, etc. Did that ever happen?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
And how is softball doing. The local newspaper doesn’t have sportswriters that cover much of PNG sports.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
How is the baseball team doing overall? Any standouts? Will they make the playoffs?

A few years ago there was talk of upgrades to the baseball facilities. Maybe new covered bleachers, etc. Did that ever happen?
Team did great in pre-district (10-4-1) and split with Baytown Lee in first two district games, with BL having best overall record (13-3) in district. However, we also split next two games with 12-8 Nederland (ugh!), with whom we will probably be vying for a playoff spot (as usual). Overall we appear to have the makings of a really good team, with 7 returning starters including (All-State) Gardiner. However, we also appear to be in a very tough district. If we can make it to the playoffs (which I think we should be more than capable of), we should be well prepared for a deep playoff run.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
And how is softball doing. The local newspaper doesn’t have sportswriters that cover much of PNG sports.
Softball team got off to a somewhat shaky start in pre-district (16-10), but this record is a bit misleading since 3 of the losses were to the same team (Liberty). On the other hand, they are off to a good start in district play (5-1). District does not seem to be very strong this year, so I do not anticipate them having any trouble making the playoffs. However, they will be in a position the opposite of the baseball team, as they will probably be less prepared for the playoffs.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Softball team is rolling in district play (8-1). In second place, only one game shy of 1st, and on the verge of clinching a playoff spot.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Baseball team continues to do well in a tough district (5-2). One game shy of second place and two games ahead of the fourth place team.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Not up to date or accurate, but it does give you some info at times. In reality, we just got a big win against Crosby and will play them again on Friday for sole possession of second place in district (with tiebreaker based on sweep of Crosby). This will probably be biggest game of the season so far. If we can pull it off, we can virtually assure a playoff spot with a subsequent sweep of Baytown Sterling regardless of how we do against 1st place Barbers Hill. Texashighschoolbaseball.com is much more accurate, although that website also contains errors or omissions on rare occasions. The only other caveat for the latter website is that it sometimes takes a day or two for the most recent scores to be added.

Last edited:

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Lost second game to Crosby. Now fighting for one of two playoff spots with four other teams. Can still virtually assure a playoff spot with sweep of Sterling, although would not be clinched at that point. If we only split with Sterling (as has been the case against all of our district opponents with the exception of hapless PA memorial), all bets would be off regarding our chances for a playoff spot. We would probably have to win at least one game against undefeated (in district) Barbers Hill to be assured of the playoffs in that case. We are certainly capable of that but the odds would not be in our favor. Tough district.

Softball team is still rolling in district play with a 10-2 record behind undefeated (in district) Barbers Hill with two games left. They have already clinched a playoff spot.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNzeke, when and where will the PN-G baseball Indians play Sterling? If the Indians win, they're in the playoffs, correct? Thank you for providing updates on this message board. It is the only place where I can find news about the Indians. And, not to be left out, Let's Go Lady Indians. It would be nice to have both the boys and girls in the playoffs.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
NDNzeke, when and where will the PN-G baseball Indians play Sterling? If the Indians win, they're in the playoffs, correct? Thank you for providing updates on this message board. It is the only place where I can find news about the Indians. And, not to be left out, Let's Go Lady Indians. It would be nice to have both the boys and girls in the playoffs.
Home (4/18) and away (4/21) games against Sterling. Playoffs virtually assured with a sweep but not quite clinched depending on other district results. Still very much alive with a split but much more difficult as we might have to also split against undefeated (in district) Barbers Hill to be assured of a playoff spot, depending on other district results prior to the last two district games against BH.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores