2023 Season

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Never seen such low interest in high school baseball in many years of following the team. No twitter feeds about Sterling game whatsoever, not even on PNG baseball site. No play by play or scoring info about ANY district games on SETX.com (I have never found this to be the case in the past). Only info about game comes from often unreliable Maxpreps (they don’t even list the correct name for Baytown Sterling), which says score is tied 4-4 in bottom of 6th. Hope we can pull this one off.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Looks like we did win 8-4. Still need to win Friday to complete the sweep (PNG baseball site did tweet final score).

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Never seen such low interest in high school baseball in many years of following the team. No twitter feeds about Sterling game whatsoever, not even on PNG baseball site. No play by play or scoring info about ANY district games on SETX.com (I have never found this to be the case in the past). Only info about game comes from often unreliable Maxpreps (they don’t even list the correct name for Baytown Sterling), which says score is tied 4-4 in bottom of 6th. Hope we can pull this one off.
It is sad. But a great win!

There is no longer a local newspaper that covers much of high school sports, and the updates from the ISD are sporadic or slow. It's up to the fans. You are doing a great service by posting the updates that you have. A lot of us live nowhere near the district and depend on local updates. Much appreciated.

I took down the baseball site that I built years ago. There was little to no interest. I need to publish it again as a historical reference.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

BASEBALL
No scores posted here. It would be easy for someone to do it.

No updates.

No updates yet.

SOFTBALL

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I'm checking in here to get the scores. Glad to read the Indians got the W. Need one more to secure the playoff spot. Go Indians.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Indians complete sweep of Sterling, winning second game 5-0 for a district record of 8-4. Without a doubt the biggest win in the season so far for the Indians. Any combination of a PNG win or a Nederland loss puts us in the playoffs. The first part of that formula, though not out of the question, will be more problematic than the second as we would need to win at least one game out of two against Barbers Hill (11-1 in district play). BH was undefeated in district play until last night, when they were beaten by Crosby. We have a history of playing well against them, even sweeping them in district play the year they won state (I think nobody else beat them even once in district play that year). Nevertheless, even winning one game against them will be no easy task. On the other hand, Nederland (6-6) plays second place Crosby (9-3) and if Crosby wins even one of those two games (which is very likely) it puts the Indians in the playoffs. Goose Creek Memorial (also 6-6) has virtually no chance of losing any more games, as they finish the season with a 2 game series against PA Memorial (0-12 in district, 1-19 for the season).

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Let's go Indians. Go get a W vs. BH and get some momentum for the playoffs! Go Indians! Thanks to NDNzeke for keeping me informed. Excellent summaries. One question, NDNzeke, do we have an ace pitcher that we can throw vs. BH and go all out to get a one game win? I don't mean to put pressure on any one kid, and you don't have to answer the question with specific names, but do we have an ace? Thanks.

indians87

Let's go Indians. Go get a W vs. BH and get some momentum for the playoffs! Go Indians! Thanks to NDNzeke for keeping me informed. Excellent summaries. One question, NDNzeke, do we have an ace pitcher that we can throw vs. BH and go all out to get a one game win? I don't mean to put pressure on any one kid, and you don't have to answer the question with specific names, but do we have an ace? Thanks.
PNG does not have a stud that they can throw and pretty much guarantee a win like they have in the past. Most of the guys they have been riding this year are freshman and sophomore’s. They have shown flashes of being really good but haven’t been steady. One has started showing that he can be more reliable then the others here recently. In the past PNG was deep in pitching. My son’s Sophomore thru Senior year damn near every kid on the team could pitch and pitch effectively. This team doesn’t have that luxury. It’s pitch by committee with those who can on this team.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Indians87 summarized things well. We have more than one that has pitched very well at times, but consistency has been a problem. More experience will probably improve this situation, but with the playoffs approaching hopefully it will happen soon.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Baseball team has big game against Barbers Hill tonight. Need win to clinch playoff spot (or Nederland loss). Will be broadcast on Texan Live.

Softball team lost seeding game to Crosby and finishes district play in 3rd place. Begins playoffs Thursday against Santa Fe (25-4-1). Tough matchup.

Go PNG!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Top of 6th. BH 3, PN-G 2. Indians at the plate next.

3 and out. Barbers Hill with 8 hits so far. PN-G with 2 hits and 2 errors.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Not enough offense on top of a number of errant throws. Nederland beat Crosby 7-1. Playoff hopes now in jeopardy. Need to beat BH Friday or we could be in trouble.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Moment of truth for the Indians tonight. Probably not much interest since the draft is also tonight, but both the softball team and the baseball team have big games. Softball team lost opening playoff game to Santa Fe 12-2 and are on the brink of elimination tonight. Baseball teams playoff chances will probably be determined tonight and need to beat BH to be assured of the playoffs.

Go Indians!!!!

Last edited:

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Indians drop second game to BH. However, we will make playoffs due to Crosby beating Nederland 4-1 in their second game. Hopefully we can put a good run together in the playoffs.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Indians drop second game to BH. However, we will make playoffs due to Crosby beating Nederland 4-1 in their second game. Hopefully we can put a good run together in the playoffs.
The Indians should be battle-tested for a good run in the playoffs. The talent and coaching are there...anything can happen in a 3-game series...each step of the way, pound the strike zone, play solid defense, and get some hot bats. Let's go Indians!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores