2023 Season

indians87

The Indians should be battle-tested for a good run in the playoffs. The talent and coaching are there...anything can happen in a 3-game series...each step of the way, pound the strike zone, play solid defense, and get some hot bats. Let's go Indians!
The baseball team will not get out of the first round. The coaching is there. One of the best staffs in the area. But, the team has talent but between them and some parents it’s a sh__ show. Selfishness and whiny babies because their not playing.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
The baseball team will not get out of the first round. The coaching is there. One of the best staffs in the area. But, the team has talent but between them and some parents it’s a sh__ show. Selfishness and whiny babies because their not playing.
Not more of that crap! Let the coaches run the show!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
87indians, thanks for sharing. Thanks for the local perspective. I like your input on the football and baseball boards. I hate to hear that, but maybe they can overcome that nonsense and get hot in the playoffs.

IndianFan, 20 cheerleaders is a bit much, but I'll take 80-100 Indianettes every year. 250/300 in the band and 80-100 Indianettes makes for a big and strong Marching I. (I get what your saying about examples of politics; I'm just trying to put a positive spin on it.)

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Lost seeding game to Goose Creek 2-1, so we are seeded 4th. Not the best way to start the post season. Hopefully we can turn things around from this 3 game losing streak.

indians87

Don’t count on it. Certain parents are making this season miserable. Was at the BH game Friday and all I heard was people were ready for this season to be over. Either because they are the ones bitc____ about their kid not playing or people tired of listening to those people. This is the worst group of parents I personally have seen at PNG baseball. They think their kid should be playing and the next best 8 instead of telling their kid to stop whining and go work harder and earn that spot. Between the two Varsity coaches they have 5 or 6 State Titles so shut up and let them do what they know best and you know nothing about.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Seems that feelings of entitlement are a problem in every aspect of society. And now people have no limit on how far they’ll take it. Including destroying proven and honorable establishments.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Opening round playoff game against (24-4-2) Friendswood tonight. Tough matchup.

Correction: Looks like 1st game is actually Friday night. Maxpreps had it wrong.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
With all the underclassmen playing, sounds like this was a rebuilding year. They should be tough next season.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
With all the underclassmen playing, sounds like this was a rebuilding year. They should be tough next season.
Definitely true with regard to the pitching, but the team as a whole was also pretty young last year. So, two rebuilding years in a row? In any case, we have been much more competitive this year than last year, so there has definitely been progress.

As I have said before, I can’t believe there is so little interest in baseball this year. In the past, you could almost always find information about the games on social media in real time. By the time the playoffs rolled around, one could usually find very detailed information with inning by inning scores at a minimum and sometimes ever video highlights in real time. This year: Virtually nothing anywhere for any game. Hard to even find the score for a game on the same day it is played.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Friendswood 10-3 in second game.

The high school media program is the best shot at having coverage. After almost a quarter century of hosting this message board and web site, I can tell you that the average fan is not going to provide a lot of info.

Local print media has dropped coverage as well. Best shot is Ashley Elam and channel 12 sports.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Overall, disappointing end to a fairly successful 18 win season. I had hopes we would do well in the playoffs, but ending up with the 4th seed and having to play one of the best teams in the state in the first round put an end to that hope.

indians87

Definitely true with regard to the pitching, but the team as a whole was also pretty young last year. So, two rebuilding years in a row? In any case, we have been much more competitive this year than last year, so there has definitely been progress.

As I have said before, I can’t believe there is so little interest in baseball this year. In the past, you could almost always find information about the games on social media in real time. By the time the playoffs rolled around, one could usually find very detailed information with inning by inning scores at a minimum and sometimes ever video highlights in real time. This year: Virtually nothing anywhere for any game. Hard to even find the score for a game on the same day it is played.
That's because some of the parents have made this year hell for everybody. I have heard lots of parents tell me they are fed up with this season. It appears there are a few Pima Donna's on the team that were upset they weren't starting. They whined to the parents and the parents bit__ to any and everybody. Even to people they know in high places. I know a couple of kids on JV thought they should have been on varsity and their parents bitched and whined........Parents who think their kid is better then the others are usually the kids that barely made the team because they needed some one to be a bull pen catcher or work Game Changer. Their kid is usually the one who doesn't want to put in the extra work to earn the spot. He expects it to just be given to him when he steps foot on the field. I blame that all on the parents. They give Little Johnny everything and he doesn't have to do anything to earn it.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
That's because some of the parents have made this year hell for everybody. I have heard lots of parents tell me they are fed up with this season. It appears there are a few Pima Donna's on the team that were upset they weren't starting. They whined to the parents and the parents bit__ to any and everybody. Even to people they know in high places. I know a couple of kids on JV thought they should have been on varsity and their parents bitched and whined........Parents who think their kid is better then the others are usually the kids that barely made the team because they needed some one to be a bull pen catcher or work Game Changer. Their kid is usually the one who doesn't want to put in the extra work to earn the spot. He expects it to just be given to him when he steps foot on the field. I blame that all on the parents. They give Little Johnny everything and he doesn't have to do anything to earn i

As I said previously, coaches are coaches for a reason. It damages the team chemistry and makes it really hard for the coaches when they have to put up with this nonsense. Additionally, it does not really do the kids any favors to give them the false impression that they are better than they really are and don’t need to prove themselves to the coaches and the team.

RTruth

Tell us more about selfishness and whiny babies. I think I know where you are getting your source of info.

RTruth

Tell us more about selfishness and whiny babies. I think I know where you are getting your information from.

Knocking kids is your go too? The kids played their hearts out. The score doesn’t dictate what really took place. Tied game for both games going towards the end. Two big innings by the #1 team in the state. Hard to win against a team so deep in pitching.

Congrats to a successful year where the program beat Crosby, Vidor, Lake Belton, Bridge City, Orangefield, Fannett, West Brook, Goose Creek and others who were all and are playoff teams this year.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores