Realignment

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There’s taking care of the large districts. Small districts like PNG get wedged in to fill out the list. Would love to see the logical boundaries that were decided by these moves.

And looks like Dallas area is set up to have maximum teams in the playoffs with 2 regions.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
This is absolutely wild to me. I was listening to Texas Football Live, and Tepper said this was the absolute "shock" of the day--PNG heading to Region 2--now in the same region as SOC. Wild, just absolutely wild. Forget being in the same region with District 9, which would have made tons of sense. And forget taking the teams that are in District 10 and flipping with them with District 8--because, well that also makes too much sense.

Now our bi-district round is, at a minimum, a 3+ hour drive for either District 7 or us. I'm kind of just befuddled at the moment.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Region 2 is incomprehensible. The regions should at least have some semblance of a relationship to the geography of the schools within them. The inclusion of an extreme southeast school in the same region as schools in the DFW area is beyond idiotic. District 11 should have been flipped with District 8. I am flabbergasted.

Last edited:

90NDN

500+ Posts
YEs, they put several WACO area schools in region 3 and they should have went to region 2 ... then we would go back to region 3. It's pretty idiotic, but as I same in my other post, if I had to guess, it's about the money at the end of the day.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
YEs, they put several WACO area schools in region 3 and they should have went to region 2 ... then we would go back to region 3. It's pretty idiotic, but as I same in my other post, if I had to guess, it's about the money at the end of the day.

“5A Division I, Lovejoy (now coached by Todd Dodge) and Melissa move from Region II to Region I.”

Another seemingly senseless move.

99NDN99

“5A Division I, Lovejoy (now coached by Todd Dodge) and Melissa move from Region II to Region I.”

Another seemingly senseless move.
trying to set up an all DFW state championship game but if you look at the map it's tough to find 4 districts for the west Texas region

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I honestly feel like the entire district should appeal the regional assignments. It's absurd.

I agree, but I am not sure whether that is possible. The only thing I have previously heard about is teams appealing the district they were placed in. If we did the latter, I am not sure what district we could request. First of all, to make sense both PNG and Nederland would have to appeal. However, although D9 would otherwise make the most sense as an alternative, it already has 8 teams. D10 has the least number of teams in R3, at 6, but the teams in that district are very unfavorable geographically to PNG and Nederland.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Populations continue to gravitate to the big 4 metro areas. The rural areas have to take what they can get which will always include a lot of traveling. And yes, PN and G are comparatively rural in location and size.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores