Scoreboard improvements

NDNband69

500+ Posts
This shows an example of video camera shot with advertisement overlay.
DSCF5313.jpg

bandkid

Staff member
You know, this could have fundraiser potential for PTSA or the new booster club. We could play movies on the jumbotron and charge $5 a person to come watch, then open up the concession stand for refreshments during the movie. All proceeds go to the sponsoring organization. That'd be a great way to bring in extra cash.

NONS81

bandkid said:
You know, this could have fundraiser potential for PTSA or the new booster club. We could play movies on the jumbotron and charge $5 a person to come watch, then open up the concession stand for refreshments during the movie. All proceeds go to the sponsoring organization. That'd be a great way to bring in extra cash.

You are a very enterprising young person....ever thought of advertising as a career? Business management? ;D

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The stadium has a lot of potential for the community. Concerts, live viewings of popular events, playoff games, etc.
The one thing it lacks is sufficient parking. It would be ideal to purchase and pave the lot across the street in the front. And move the buses elsewhere and pave that lot for parking.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I agree (BIG TIME) about moving the buses elsewhere for games to utilize that parking lot. The other big thing that needs to be done with the bus lot is PAVE it. The dust flies from that lot to the visitors side walk, building, stands and field. This happens for every bus going into or out of that parking lot.

bandkid

Staff member
NDNS81 said:
bandkid said:

You are a very enterprising young person....ever thought of advertising as a career? Business management? ;D

I like utilizing my resources to their full potential, and the new stadium is a big resource.

IndianFan said:
The stadium has a lot of potential for the community. Concerts, live viewings of popular events, playoff games, etc.
The one thing it lacks is sufficient parking. It would be ideal to purchase and pave the lot across the street in the front. And move the buses elsewhere and pave that lot for parking.

NDNband69 said:
I agree (BIG TIME) about moving the buses elsewhere for games to utilize that parking lot. The other big thing that needs to be done with the bus lot is PAVE it. The dust flies from that lot to the visitors side walk, building, stands and field. This happens for every bus going into or out of that parking lot.

B-Hall, along with a large part of A-Hall, will be torn down and paved. This will add a large parking lot. In addition, (and, in my opinion, at great risk to the band) the band field will be paved. This adds a parking lot that will be slightly larger than a football field, although this will be of greater use to the baseball & softball stadiums than the football stadium.

I think that the old bus maintenance building behind the boy's gym should be moved to the old building at the end of Port Neches Ave. From what I understand, this building is currently being used for storage, and I believe that, with a few upgrades, it would make a great maintenance building. They could tear down the old one and use that for extra parking.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Sorry to disagree, Bandkid, but moving the bus barn to the "old building at the end of Port Neches Avenue" is NOT a good idea. For one, the old Western Auto building was sold to someone (from what I heard). Second, when the development begins at the park, this will be a major road to the park. Third, this is an area with lots of homes. Last, the buses need to be near the schools.

badndn

500+ Posts
squaw said:
Last, the buses need to be near the schools.

Why is that?

It's a bus. It's not stationary! Beaumont doesn't have busses housed at each campus. As a matter of fact most districts don't have a bus barn at the high school.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Cy-Fair ISD's bus barn and maintenance garage are in a centralized location. That actually makes sense to do that when you stop and think about it.

bandkid

Staff member
We don't need to have our bus barn at the high school anymore. I'm not sure where we'd move it to, but if we move it, that means extra parking at the high school and, frankly, one less eye sore (sorry, but the building doesn't look that great and is in stark contrast to the high school, which will only get worse when the new wing is done).

Maybe we can put it somewhere on Sara Jane. That would be more centralized than the current location. Oh, wait, people live around there.....

squaw

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
We don't need to have our bus barn at the high school anymore. I'm not sure where we'd move it too, but if we move it, that means extra parking at the high school and, frankly, one less eye sore (sorry, but the building doesn't look that great and is in stark contrast to the high school, which will only get worse when the new wing's done).

Maybe we can put it somewhere on Sara Jane. That would be more centralized than the current location. Oh, wait, people live around there.....
I wasn't being a smartass, just pointing out the facts. I also didn't mean the buses have to be at their respective schools. I should have said "the buses need to be by the maintenance building" for those who misinterpret wording. The people who live around Port Neches Avenue do not want an "eye sore" by their houses, either. Why not put the maintenance facility where Meadowgreen Park is? (sounds ludicrous, doesn't it?)

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Oh, I forgot something! Why not have the ISD clean up the "eye sore" and then there would be no problem.

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
bandkid said:
We don't need to have our bus barn at the high school anymore. I'm not sure where we'd move it too, but if we move it, that means extra parking at the high school and, frankly, one less eye sore (sorry, but the building doesn't look that great and is in stark contrast to the high school, which will only get worse when the new wing's done).

I wasn't being a smartass, just pointing out the facts. I also didn't mean the buses have to be at their respective schools. I should have said "the buses need to be by the maintenance building" for those who misinterpret wording. The people who live around Port Neches Avenue do not want an "eye sore" by their houses, either. Why not put the maintenance facility where Meadowgreen Park is? (sounds ludicrous, doesn't it?)

squaw said:
Sorry to disagree, Bandkid, but moving the bus barn to the "old building at the end of Port Neches Avenue" is NOT a good idea. For one, the old Western Auto building was sold to someone (from what I heard). Second, when the development begins at the park, this will be a major road to the park. Third, this is an area with lots of homes. Last, the buses need to be near the schools.

I believe it was not our interpretation that led us to these responses.

squaw said:
bandkid said:

squaw said:

All I intended to point out is that people are going to live near the bus barn wherever it is, and that includes its current location. This goes for the maintenance garage as well. Both are "eye sores" and I think that they will reflect on the high school, and ultimately the school district, whenever we host a competition, extra-curricular event, or anything else that can be held at the high school. In addition, I believe that moving them will create space that can be utilized as extra parking, something that is and has been desperately needed at the high school, even before construction started.

If it is still owned by the district, and has not been sold as you claim, I believe the old Western Auto building would make a great bus barn/maintenance building. It seems to be in far better condition than the current maintenance building, and there is extra space on the property which can serve as storage for busses. Perhaps this space is not enough, perhaps the current bus barn will have to remain or extra space will need to be acquired near the Western Auto building to house the busses. Either way, it was a mere suggestion, and the last sentence of the second post was only meant to emphasize a point. I apologize if it was not percieved as such.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The Western Auto property doesn't have nearly enough space to park buses. The most logical place for bus parking and maintenance would be on the other side of the baseball parks off of Merriman. Ideally a covered parking area and a modern maintenance building. Of course it would cost a bundle of cash to build it all. Add it to the wish list.

Bottom line, the bus maintenance facility is an eye sore. And the current bus location would best be utilized for student and stadium parking. It would be nice to have a long term goal to make those changes.

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
The Western Auto property doesn't have nearly enough space to park buses. The most logical place for bus parking and maintenance would be on the other side of the baseball parks off of Merriman. Ideally a covered parking area and a modern maintenance building. Of course it would cost a bundle of cash to build it all. Add it to the wish list.

Bottom line, the bus maintenance facility is an eye sore. And the current bus location would best be utilized for student and stadium parking. It would be nice to have a long term goal to make those changes.

We will be buying new buses under the current bond (or, at least, we were going to before prices went up). It would be nice to have new facilities to house and maintain the buses. Maybe it's something for the next bond.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
Suggestion, but how about housing, moving or what ever to the old bank building already owned by the school district??

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
Suggestion, but how about housing, moving or what ever to the old bank building already owned by the school district??

I was thinking the same thing. Don't know if there's enough parking space there for the busses either.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
The bus barn currently is not at the high school, its on the street behind it. It would be great if the busses could be moved next to the maintenance barn on the other side (towards 366) and everything cleaned up and fenced off. Why can't the school district clean up? The area behind the tennis courts is an eye sore because they've been using it as a junk yard. Disgraceful.

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
The bus barn currently is not at the high school, its on the street behind it. It would be great if the busses could be moved next to the maintenance barn on the other side (towards 366) and everything cleaned up and fenced off. Why can't the school district clean up? The area behind the tennis courts is an eye sore because they've been using it as a junk yard. Disgraceful.

They're supposed to turn the area by the tennis courts into a retention pond.

pngfan93 said:
EX79NDN said:

I was thinking the same thing. Don't know if there's enough parking space there for the busses either.

It may not have the parking now, but it certainly has the potential. It's a fairly large piece of property, and the destruction of the building would add a fair amount of room for the expansion of the current parking lot. The only problem is the asbestos in the building.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
OK. Time to go to the satellite. Nothing like a view from God's perspective to feed the discussion. :) All photos are the same scale.

Current parking lot
busparking.jpg

Current maintenance building
busbarn.jpg

Western Auto property
westernauto.jpg

Open public property
openproperty.jpg

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores