Scoreboard improvements

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
OK. Time to go to the satellite. Nothing like a view from God's perspective to feed the discussion. :) All photos are the same scale.

Current parking lot
busparking.jpg

Current maintenance building
busbarn.jpg

Western Auto property
westernauto.jpg

Open public property
openproperty.jpg

Is the land on the corner of Merriman and 366 owned by the school district or the city?

bandkid

Staff member
Former NDNette said:
School district. At one time they were talking about building a new stadium there.

Ok. Thanks.

If they're not currently using that property for anything, why did they pour all that dirt into it? I assume it was to level it out, but if it's just a field, what was the point?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
Former NDNette said:
School district. At one time they were talking about building a new stadium there.

Ok. Thanks.

If they're not currently using that property for anything, why did they pour all that dirt into it? I assume it was to level it out, but if it's just a field, what was the point?
To ready it for sale. Also, the Western Auto store belongs to the area district manager for Farmers Insurance who lives on Baker Street so I doubt he'd like buses moved to his property.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
A shot from Tuesday. This one from the camera mounted on top of scoreboard. NICE view ! ! !
DSCF5393.jpg

All the lights from the original scoreboard (the ones showing teams, time, score etc.) are to be replaced.
This is to make the original scoreboard back to as new as possible.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
This is a close up (in very bright sunlight). Now look at the scoreboard lights in this bright sunlight. Also note the brightness of the video board image.
DSCF5388-Copy.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Now this is the scoreboard during a PNG girls soccer game. Now note how bright the scoreboard lights are at night. Imagine how bright the video board will be.
DSCF5251.jpg

It is going to be awesome.

bandkid

Staff member
NDNband69 said:
Now this is the scoreboard during a PNG girls soccer game. Now note how bright the scoreboard lights are at night. Image how bright the video board will be.
DSCF5251.jpg

It is going to be awsome.

Have they sold the gold sponsorships yet? If so, to whom?

NDNband69

500+ Posts
A few weeks ago I talked to a school official who said another spot had been sold. I do not know who. That would mean 11 spots sold, 3 spots to go.
Much better than P.A. Memorial with 10 ad spots.......with only 1 memorial announcement.

bandkid

Staff member
NDNband69 said:
A few weeks ago I talked to a school official who said another spot had been sold. I do not know who. That would mean 11 spots sold, 3 spots to go.
Much better than P.A. Memorial with 10 ad spots.......with only 1 memorial announcement.

Thanks.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I know a spot on the top left has been sold but I can't say to whom. It is a local company with the owners being PNG graduates and most of the workers are PNG grads too.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores