Indian Stadium Renovation

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Under the home stands the fence now has a covering. Nice color.

pano-2.jpg

bandkid

Staff member
Is there any room left around the stadium for a possible expansion of either the stadium or the high school? I know the new middle schools have an increased capacity, and that the high school will have an increased capacity when the renovations are complete (or, at least, they were before the revisions), and that all this was done under the premonition that the district's attendance would increase with the industrial expansions, but did they consider the possibilities of continued expansion at the high school when planning the construction?

NDNband69

500+ Posts
One of the features removed from the project to reduce cost was brick skirting on the home stands. During early construction, they extended the foundation under the stadium to allow for the brick skirting to be added in the future.
DSCF5777.jpg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Beaumont and Port Arthur ISD may end up spending more money on a new, concrete stadium.

But they will never come close to the mystique, history, and on campus setting of The Reservation. Throw in the spacious capacity, great press box and turf, and it may be as good as it gets.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I was at the stadium the other day. Walking from the underneath the visitors' stands up into the stadium reveals quite a sight as you see the field, home stands, and press box. Doing the same from the home stands isn't quite as impressive viewing across the field at the visitors' stands. Visitors will have quite a sight when our stands are full.

tribesman

100+ Posts
I love the place. I'll go a little out of my way from time to time just to drive by and take a look. I hope that in the near future, we can find a cost effective way to close the stadium in a little bit. I've been to numerous stadiums that had some sort of wall or tall fencing that you could not see through. It just closes everything in and keeps the place from looking so open and cavernous. I think that a wall was in the original budget before they had to cut. I could be wrong on that. Awesome looking place !

NDNband69

500+ Posts
There is so much about the new stadium that is well designed. I love the field turf yard line numbers.....that purple drop shadow detail is beautiful.
DSCF5773.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
First we have a gorgeous field, huge home stands with a stunning view, a press box that would make any college proud, state of the art concession stands, rest rooms that the ladies will not have to wait in long lines and then this. The best high school H.D. video/scoreboard with a new massive sound system. Add all this to the unique PNG game night atmosphere......I'm getting goose bumps.
DSCF5774.jpg

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores