Indian Stadium Renovation

bandkid

Staff member
NDNband69 said:
First we have a gorgeous field, huge home stands with a stunning view, a press box that would make any college proud, state of the art concession stands, rest rooms that the ladies will not have to wait in long lines and then this. The best high school H.D. video/scoreboard with a new massive sound system. Add all this to the unique PNG game night atmosphere......I'm getting goose bumps.
DSCF5774.jpg

Someone said that the jumbotron is the biggest of any high school stadium in the state. Is that true?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I believe so. Much larger than the highly touted Galena Park stadium board whish is often mentioned as the standard. And many of the larger video displays around the state are not HD quality, or lower resolution. I'd bet a pay check that Beaumont ISD will try to outdo us.

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
I believe so. Much larger than the highly touted Galena Park stadium board whish is often mentioned as the standard. And many of the larger video displays around the state are not HD quality, or lower resolution. I'd bet a pay check that Beaumont ISD will try to outdo us.

That's alright. It doesn't matter who has the bigger jumbotron. It matters who has more points on the scoreboard, and I'm willing to bet that it won't be any of the Beaumont schools for the next few years.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
IndianFan said:

That's alright. It doesn't matter who has the bigger jumbotron. It matters who has more points on the scoreboard, and I'm willing to bet that it won't be any of the Beaumont schools for the next few years.

Hopefully the next few decades! From what I'm hearing, we've got to make sure he wants to stay here as long as possible.

StatesmenCoach

NDNband69 said:
Word must be spreading quickly about how nice a facility we have at The Reservation. I was taking pics this morning and just as I was about to drive off........a van and two chartered buses pull up to the stadium. Out comes a college football team to practice at our stadium. Delta State University from Cleveland, Mississippi who has a game today at McNeese State. In their division, they are ranked #9. It also shows some good sportsmanship on our part to help out.

Hey guys. I coach at Delta State and I just happen to run across your few posts about our football team visiting your school for a pregame walk through last fall. That was unquestionably one of the nicest high school football facilities I've ever been able to work with. The turf was beautiful. The scoreboard looked first rate and the indoor facilities/weightroom was next to none as far as high school football is concerned. I just wanted to say thanks for being so hospitable and sorry it took so long for one of us to stumble upon your message board posts about us to say thanks! Good luck this coming fall!!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Welcome Statesmen Coach. Come back and visit when you can and keep us posted on how well Delta State plays this season. Good luck.

Go Indians. Peace.

StatesmenCoach

1989NDN said:
Welcome Statesmen Coach. Come back and visit when you can and keep us posted on how well Delta State plays this season. Good luck.

Go Indians. Peace.

Will do. Just curious, I was able to talk to your head football coach briefly and asked him how your stadium renovation was funded but I honestly don't remember what he told me. So, how was it funded? Multi-year fundraising from the school?

bandkid

Staff member
StatesmenCoach said:
1989NDN said:

Go Indians. Peace.

Will do. Just curious, I was able to talk to your head football coach briefly and asked him how your stadium renovation was funded but I honestly don't remember what he told me. So, how was it funded? Multi-year fundraising from the school?

It was approximately $9.5 Million out of a $120 Million (approximately) bond. We're also getting two new middle schools and some much-needed, major renovations at the high school.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
You will like this IndianFan. This will get you to that other great stadium in Texas going to FieldTurf.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=316181&page=27

NDNband69

500+ Posts
It's hard to stop taking pictures of the place. Everything is just beautiful.
A shot while at the Monday 7 on 7 practice.

DSCF6499.jpg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of us like seeing the photos as much or more than you enjoy taking them. Keep up the great work! It is appreciated. :thumbsup:

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Since we have not had the rains needed to remove the temporary soccer lines on the football field, we resort to plan B.
This is some equipment from Field Turf to assist in removing the temporary soccer lines.

DSCF6576.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Obviously this heat is baking that paint on. This is what was accomplished over about 2 hours using the Field Turf machine.

DSCF6666.jpg

I hope we use cheaper paint next go round.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores